Dr. M. Alexis Kennedy is a trauma researcher at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. After over two decades of research in the areas of human trafficking and child abuse, she began researching compassion fatigue to learn more about the cumulative effects of working with victims.
Dr. Kennedy holds the following certifications:
- Certificate in Resiliency Strategies for First Responders (Langara College, Health and Human Services)
- Certified trainer on compassion fatigue & vicarious trauma (www.tendacademy.ca )
- Certificate in Mental Health Providers’ SyNAPSE Integrative Approach to Personal Wellness Training (with Dr. Joan Borysenko)
- Certificate in Trauma Recovery Yoga
- Certificate for the Professional Course in Positive Neuroplasticity with Dr. Rick Hanson